Thursday, May 31, 2007

From the Blog Formerly Known as Feast or Famine

I think I may need to change the title of the blog. See, I've had a crappy few weeks. So much has gone wrong.

First a tire blow out on the Beltline and the subsequent $200 spent on new tires (on Mother's Day weekend); then a second tire blow out a week later at Owen's t-ball game: A bolt in the chain link fence that I was too close to ripped one of my back tires open, which caused a ka-blam that made everyone on Fields 1, 2, and 3 look over to witness my van limping back into the parking lot. I was going on a Starbucks run, too...no Starbucks after all. The subsequent $100 on new tires. Also the microwave died. Then last Wednesday while paying bills, I accidentally scheduled all our automatic payments for the day BEFORE John's paycheck was direct deposited. Boing boing boing... (Wachovia was a little bit understanding, though. We had 2 overdrafts; they refunded one.) Add to that Paige's belief that 1-4 AM is the best time to party down and Mitch's belief that the word "poopy" enhances any conversation--wait, I mean any sentence.

Yup, it's felt like a famine around here. I don't usually have such a dichotomous view of life, however, so I'm thinking the title may be a bit cynical. I'll have to think up a new one when I'm up with Paige at 2 in the morning. That's some prime thinkin' time...


No comments: